Navy OCS Mustangs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy OCS Mustangs

This forum is dedicated to all prior enlisted United States Navy personel wishing to become a Naval Officer VIA: OCS, STA-21, LDO, CWO

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Navy OCS Mustangs, the only forum solely dedicated to the advancement of prior enlisted Navy personnel into the officer ranks via: OCS, STA-21, LDO and CWO.

OCS Interviews and LORs.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
greatsantini

OCS Interviews and LORs. Empty
PostSubject: OCS Interviews and LORs.   OCS Interviews and LORs. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:36 am

I'm currently putting my package together and need some advice on who in my chain of command should I asked for LORs or Interviews. My command has two 0-5s, one is the CO and the other is the XO. I understand I can only use one interviewing officer from my command, should this be my CO? Or is his part of my package just the CO's Recommendation? I asked because if I can use my CO as an interviewer, that would give me another 0-5 (my XO) who could give me a LOR. Any advice on how to pursue this would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

OCS Interviews and LORs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCS Interviews and LORs.   OCS Interviews and LORs. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi and sorry for the delay, I have been away for awhile. Yes you can get an interview from within your command. My recommendation is to get an interview from your XO and let your CO's endorsement speak for its self. The LOR should either be from your XO or another officer O-3 or above. The only thing you want in your package from your CO is the CO’s endorsement. Also be advised that the 1420.1A has been superseded by the 1420.1B, at least this is what I heard.
Back to top Go down
https://navyocsmustangs.forumotion.com

OCS Interviews and LORs.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy OCS Mustangs :: OCS :: OCS Q&A-
Jump to: